Here's the thing. I love chocolate.
In the beginning, I tried making stevia sweetened chocolate and .... um.... everything I made was gross. It's a good thing I inherited my fathers frugalness. It pained me to waste all that expensive coconut oil and good cocoa, so I would just keep adding ingredients until my concoctions were edible. Over time, these delicious chocolate peanut butter cups were born, perfectly balanced with stevia and a touch of organic icing sugar. I seriously can't think of a more perfect pairing than chocolate and peanut butter.
Stevia Sweetened Peanut Butter Chocolate Cups
- You can use any type of nut butter you like. I love using almond or macadamia butter paired with almond extract. YUM!
- To save time, you can simply fill molds to the top and omit the peanut butter filling.
You'll need 24 Mini Silicone Baking Cups
along with a Mini Muffin Tin
2 Silicone Mini Muffin Pans
5 Medjool dates
1 cup of coconut oil
1/2 cup of cocoa
1/2 cup of pulverised oats
1-2 tbsp of organic icing/powdered sugar
1/2 cup of macadamia, almond or peanut butter
1/4 cup of coarsely chopped nuts
1/2 tsp of almond or vanilla extract
15 drops of SweetLeaf or NuNaturals stevia
1/2 cup peanut butter in a piping (Ziploc) bag.
1. In a pan, melt coconut oil until liquid.
2. Add pitted dates until softened.
5. Fill molds one third of the way. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
6. Add a little squirt of piped peanut butter in each cup.
8. Add a light sprinkle of coarse sea salt and refrigerate for one hour.